Before the treatment
- Free of eye make-up. Please remove all residue of mascara and eyeliner.
- No spray tan
After the treatment (*[E] -extensions)
- NO water for 8hrs and No hot steam, hot sauna, swimming for 48 hours. Glue cures in 48 hours, so its crucial for good retention. Don't cry our tears is made of water with some salt.
- NO sleeping on your face. Sleep on your back or no plushy pillows. If you sleep on your side, protect your eyelash [E] by placing your pillow away from your eyelashes or put your hand between your face and pillow to avoid direct rub against pillow. 'Lash Mask' on Amazon helps to protect [E] from side sleeping.
- NO rubbing, twiddling, pulling. Constant repetitive movements on the [E] will loosen the bond and cause the [E] to pop off or can damage the follicle. DO NOT brush the [E] when wet, allow to dry first with cool air.
- Absolutely NO mascara, liquid/gel liners, organic solvents such as oils, glycerin. These items will dissolve the cyanoacrylate adhesive and cause the [E] to pop off. These items will also cause a sticky, thick build up at the base of the [E], clumping the [E] and natural lashes together which can lead to irritation of the eyes. It is hard to wash these items off the [E] without rubbing off your [E]. Use black eyeshadow and angle brush to draw along lash line instead of liquid/gel liners.
- Must cleanse lash line daily with a gentle, water-based cleanser. Keep the lash line healthy for healthy lashes. Any build up along the lash line can inhibit proper cellular turnover, blocking the follicle from oxygen, a must for proper germinative cellular reproduction which can lead to lash loss or an over production of bacteria which can lead to infection, dry, irritated eyes or a demodex mite (eyelash mite) infection.
- Avoid excessive heat and steam. Heat can singe the tips of the [E]. Allow heat to escape from the oven before sticking your head into the heat. Avoid steamy showers as the steam will cause the [E] to straighten. Hair dryers are a big culprit to the wonderful singed tip of the [E].
- Return for fills regularly. The [E] will grow out with natural lashes daily, and depending on how fast your clients's lashes grow will depend on how often they return for a fill. Fills are required every 2-3 weeks.
This is bad example for client didn't follow recommended aftercare. Please do not make your lash line like this. Dead skin mingles with natural oil build up (lash booger) clog lash follicle to hinder natural lash cycle and weaken the glue bond.
Dirty lashes = Bad retention
Cleanser available to purchase at salon